Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Grandma Teuscher

Dear Family, These are some of my thoughts on Grandma and you can read it at her service if you want! I love you! -Sister Petersen


I love my Grandma Teuscher SO much!  She is one of the strongest and most faithful people I have ever met.  The way she has endured her life has set such a huge example for me and my love and respect for her has grown so much over the years.  Although My Grandma lived with my family for a time, I can't seem to recall very many memories of her, but I will share with you what I do remember about her.  Grandma Teuscher is Southern and always very proper and polite in her way of thinking and talking.  Whenever someone in the family would say something some-what crude or unkind or what we felt was humorous, Grandma was always quick to call them on it! In her Southern accent she would say things like, "Lori, don't talk that." or "Susan, why do you have to talk that way?" or my favorite, "Oh brother." 

Grandma Teuscher was very, very loving and thoughtful.  Every time it was a grandchild's birthday, she would give us a card with five dollars in it.  Well, one day my mom mentioned to her that we pay tithing on it, so then Grandma started giving us five dollars and two quarters to pay for our tithing. What she didn't understand is that we would then have to pay tithing on the quarters as well! It was the thought that counted:)

Grandma Teuscher always had ice cubes in her milk, drank coke, ate McDonalds happy meals, and always had a jar full of taffy at her house.  Grandma Teuscher loved looking at pictures and doing genealogy.  Grandma Teuscher was ALWAYS annoyed with Grandpa Teuscher.  I've never seen Grandma drive. She was always buying me random items of clothing that I never wore and she always wanted me to paint her toe nails. 

Grandma Teuscher was easy to tease..  When I was younger My family went on a trip to Bear Lake with Aunt Susan and Uncle Paul and Grandma and Grandpa Teuscher.  Well, one day Trevor and I were playing and we found this fake plastic thumb and my Aunt Susan thought it would be funny to fill it up with Ketchup and pretend it was blood and then try to go trick someone! SO Trevor got his pocket knife and we went and sat in front of Grandma and as he was "carving" a piece of wood, he pretended to slice off his thumb! The ketchup and fake thumb went flying and Grandma stood up and started screaming in horror! I just remember laughing and high-fiving my Aunt Susan! It wasn't so funny after we got in huge trouble and Grandma wouldn't talk to us the rest of the night, but I thought we were pretty clever. 

Grandma Teuscher loved her family and loved the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Even though She was in pain most of her life and went through a number of hard things, I never saw her faith shake or weaken in the Lord.  She never turned her back towards him and never blamed him for her trials.  She endured them so well and I know she had a firm hope that one day she would be able to rest from ALL her afflictions.  I know that she is up in the Spirit World right now looking down on each of us and smiling.  I know she is no longer suffering, but is at peace and comfortable. 

I am so grateful for my Grandma Teuscher.  I am so grateful for her faith and hope in the Atonement of our Savior.  The sacrifice she made in her lifetime is a glimpse of what the Savior went through for each of us.  He would never give us something we could not handle and he is always right by are side lifting us up.  I know that each of us will see her again as we are obedient to the commandments of God.  I know that families can be together for time and all eternity.  I know and believe with all my heart that Grandma Teuscher is Happy and full of joy right now.  I know that she is with her parents and that they are sharing the gospel to those in the Spirit World who don't know true happiness.  She is valiant and full of Charity.  She is a beloved daughter of our Heavenly Father and she is more than enough.  Her firm understanding and obedience to the Doctrine and Principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ have paved the way for her posterity.  She is a chosen Daughter of God and I am so grateful she is MY Grandma.  I am so grateful for my knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and I know that one day we will all be glorified and perfected like our Savior Jesus Christ and we will live together forever.  I know that Jesus Christ loves each of us and wants us to be happy.  I know he feels everything we go through and I know he is extremely mindful of each of us.  I am so happy to be a Daughter of God and I am so happy to be a member of his church.  I love my family with all my heart and I know we were all meant to be here together. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.    

No comments:

Post a Comment