Monday, February 3, 2014

Just Keep Swimming

Hi!:) I haven't been able to read through all of your emails yet, but it sounds like Grandma's service was very good! I just love our family! :) we are so blessed to have each other ya know? I love being a Petersen.

Well, tonight is transfer calls and I am pretty sure I am going to get transferred, So I guess you will find out next week! :)  
It's a picture, I have to smile :)

This past week I have been way sick! I was just in a ton of pain in my neck and shoulders/back.  I went to a walk-in clinic on Monday and the doctor didn't even look at me or anything! Our two minute convo was him telling me that I should get counseling from my church cuz I'm stressed, and maybe a massage. Um ok. what a waste of money!  So then I did get a massage from this lady in our ward who has a business, on Tuesday, and it hurt so bad! I was so sore and tender.. it's like as if someone has a sunburn and you go up and slap them! that is how I felt! So Wednesday morning I woke up just in so much pain and I was just like this is ridiculous I'm not putting up with this anymore! So we totally didn't even do our studies or anything! I was still in my Pajama's and I just drove myself to another Walk-in Clinic.  When we went out to the car, it had snowed the most it ever has, here during the night and I was so not in the mood to see how Canadians drove in the snow. 

Headed to the Clinic in the SNOW :(


Anyway, we made it to the Doctor and he was WAY more helpful then the other one.  He explained what the pain was and gave me medicine and and all this stuff. So great. Well later that day I went to a Physio-Therapist who was also very, very nice and he was so good.  He gave me all these stretches to do and he put like this electro thing on my back and yeah.. crazy stuff.  Anyway towards the end of the week I was doing a lot better! The pain has gone away mostly so that is good! I've just been resting it up.  Thank goodness for modern medicine. Such a blessing. Oh that reminds me that I got a Priesthood blessing last week for my pain! Gotta love those:)  Other than that, not much has happened this week.. I gave a dang good District Meeting despite being sick.. um our lesson in Relief Society lesson was way good yesterday! It was about how sometimes when we are going through a hard time we often ask ourselves, "How Long?" but really that hard time is just a "Small Moment."  It was really good and I totally agree! I loved it! I bore my testimony Yesterday! I didn't get a chance in Sacrament, so I bore it in Relief Society.

Alright, so there is this lady named Sharon who is an investigator and I love this woman.  I have known her since Thanksgiving and she is 80 years old and weighs about 60 pounds. she is just a tiny little thing.  Well anyway she is kinda crazy.  We haven't really been teaching her cuz she just isn't prepared yet for baptism, but she comes to church most Sundays and kinda just hangs around.. haha it's so funny. She absolutely loves me! I have no idea why, but she thinks I'm so cute and she always calls me her Angel.  Lots of strangers call us angels.. kinda odd. ha but nice.  One of my investigators named Brian came to church yesterday. Such a miracle.  We have been teaching him for 3 months and that man just will not keep his commitments so two weeks ago we reflected him.  We decided if he was truly interested, than he would take some choice and accountability, and progress.  Well yesterday he asked me after Sacrament when his baptism was, (cuz he had two dates previously) I asked him if he was still smoking and he said yes.  I told him that when he starts to live the Word of Wisdom then we can talk and set a date. he said ok. haha so that was that.  People have their agency and you can't control what they do.  It's their choice whether or not they want to live the commandments.  We simple invite and teach them.  

Well that is all I have time for this week! I love you all and I am so grateful for God's Plan for us! I know it's true. Well have a great week everyone! Remember the small and simple things and to BE STRONG AND OF GOOD COURAGE! long live. 1-10-15 and 3-2-1 baby.  Five Stars! WORK iT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep it calm yo and carry it on.
LOVE YOUR SISTER MISSIONARY FOREVA.. Sister Petersen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment