Monday, January 13, 2014

I'M a HappY CamPer

Thanks TARA!
Hi Ya'll! :) HAPPY 16TH BiRTHDAY ErrrrMMA! I just can't believe it.. I still remember babysitting you when you were five. OH AND ELLiE! HAPPY LATE BiRTHDAY TO YOU! ya hippsterrr ;) TARA I GOT YOUR PACKAGE!!!!!!! WOO WOO. You shouldn't have! haha I have to say that the cheeto's were my favorite part!:) Well Thank you everyone for all your emails this week! LOVED THEM! 

Yeah.. Last week was such a blow, but it's ok.. life is a tough crowd and we just gotta BE FAITHFUL & ENDURE IT WELL!!! We had to give the relief society lesson last minute yesterday so i told the story of dad losing his phone on the hike and it was a crowd pleaser! tear jerker! haha kay. So on Saturday, even though we no longer needed an interview with our investigators, President Tilleman decided to fly all the way here and see us! How kind was that?! He believes that this has all brought about a lot of good because he was needed in parts of the Okanagan and would not have come if we didn't call.  He could have just switched his flight to Kelowna, but instead he came an hour out of his way to Penticton and interviewed us and then was off. I felt pretty special! :) I just love that man! I know that he is a man of God! Him and I had a REALLY good long chat and it was so nice to just sit there and feel the Spirit. He told me that just two days before, he found out that at the start of March, four General Authorities are coming to our mission and one of them is an APOSTLE! ahhhhhhhhH!!!!!!!!! We were freaking out together hahaha. So I better prepare myself well! 

So these past two weeks I've had the opportunity to talk to each of my converts on the phone and I can't tell you how much joy this brought to my soul!  I haven't been able to talk to them in awhile because I was trying to focus and figure this area out ya know?? Well talking to them really caused me to reflect on my purpose as a missionary and how my mission has been going these last several months.. during one of my studies I was so overcome with the Spirit that for the first time in my whole mission I was at peace with my work thus far. For a sweet moment, all the pressure was gone and all I felt was the Lord's deep love for me and I knew that he is pleased with my efforts as his missionary.  It's a moment I will cherish for the rest of my life.  I have become so converted to this work and I know that I am a good missionary.  I know the Lord loves me and I know that I am a daughter of God.  The Spirit also bore witness to me for the first time that I knew my converts in the Pre-existence and I promised them in the beginning that I would help them get to the end, which is Eternal life.  I know this is true.  I know that we are eternally connected and I feel so humbled and grateful to be serving a mission.  I could not imagine being anywhere else in my life right now. I LOVE MY MISSION.  I have never loved anything so much before.  For me, British Columbia is sacred ground because this is where I understood the Atonement and came to know my Savior Jesus Christ.  I feel so blessed to have the knowledge of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am so happy for my family and I am forever grateful that I have them and that I was born where I was.  I believe in Eternity and I know it is truly there.  I just feel so at peace and If I spend the rest of my days as Sister Petersen and Bring save it be NO more souls unto Christ, I will be totally and completely content with that.  I have seen way too many miracles to ever ask for more.  I love my conversion. I love my mission. I love my converts and friends and family. I love the church. I love the leaders. I love the Prophet. I love the Scriptures. Most importantly, I love my Savior Jesus Christ.  He understands everything.  He is my rock. He is my Salvation. He is my Redeemer and I KNOW that he lives.  I know he loves me and I know he cares about me and I love him tremendously.  I love it when I am Strong and of Good courage. I love the small and simple things. I love 1-10-15 & 3-2-1 I love WORKIN iT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love keepin calm and carryin on! I love five stars. LONG LIVE IT ALL BABY! I LOVE YOU! :)
LOVE YOUR SISTER MISSIONARY FOR ETERNITY, Sister Petersen.     

No comments:

Post a Comment