Monday, December 23, 2013

It Taste Like Candy Canes On Christmas! :)

HOLLA! how's it going ya'll?!  haha HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY DAD! WOO WOO! you are getting old:) So first things first.. Dad knows the details of my Christmas Call so if you have questions, then he is your guy! get it got it good.  I AM SO EXCITED TO TALK TO YOU ON CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) You guys should have like a list of questions for me! ya? sound good? alright cool.

So I have some news..  We got a transfer call last Monday! AHH! The Assistants told us that Sister Allen was getting transferred to Burnaby(which is in the Lower-Mainland) and that I would be staying in Penticton and training a new missionary! WHAT!? ha ha we actually saw this coming my first week here.. anyway on Wednesday night at 8:00 PM, we drove an hour to Kelowna to take the Greyhound bus to the Lower-Mainland.  It ended up being late so we didn't leave until after Midnight! Ah man it was awful, it was really hot and crowded and I was sitting by this guy who was drinking and smelled so bad and he had the window seat. :( lame.  Well, we didn't get to Langley until after 5:00 in the AM and the Burnaby Sisters were supposed to pick us up, but because they lived further away, My Langley YSA Sista's got us and we stayed with them! AHH MIRACLE!!!!! we were so excited! I love God's little tender mercies!! :) Anyway, we didn't even Sleep.  Sister Weller finished packing cuz she was getting Transferred and ended up training the girl who sold my shoes to Mom a couple weeks ago! small world! It was truly meant to be that I stayed there for the transfer so I could be there for Sister Pavone when Sister Weller left and I got go visit some people in Langley! :) Anyway we drove an hour to Richmond with a pile of luggage on us and I looked like a zombie.

Just Fitting In :)
During the meeting, President Tilleman was handed this note from the Office which was curious and than he started to pair us up with our new companions! He always does the Sisters first and I was the last one he called on! When I stood up to go with my new comp, President explained that the note he had just received was regarding a new Sister from Guatemala who was supposed to be my companion, but her visa was canceled and she was getting sent back to the MTC immediately! SO, there was going to be a tri companionship this transfer, but instead, one of the Sisters was coming with me! SO my new companion is Sister Foley! She has only been out four months and is 19.  She is from Missouri and has a twin brother! CRAZY! I didn't know how to react in front of all those missionaries so I was just like "Yes!" and everyone laughed! haha So then we stayed in Langley Thursday night and then spent all day Friday on the Bus and when we finally made it back to Kelowna, the Roads were so bad cuz of the ice and snow and weather, that we ended up staying the night with the YSA sisters (Sisters,Galbraith&Willmore) and drove to Penticton Saturday morning! AHH!!! it was a long week.  I love traveling though! I thought it might be kind of hard to go back to Langley and see people, but no.  It felt so familiar.  It felt like home.  Nothing has changed ya know? everyone is still the same and everything still looked the same! It was perfect! :) I am so happy I got to go back.  Helps me know that I'll be back for sure again in the future! Oh so I left my Scriptures on the Bus on the way down and I was so panicked but did not have enough energy to freak out due to lack of sleep haha. Luckily they were found and I got them back! :) I would have been devastated had I lost them for good!

So my District Split! Now I am just over the Osoyoos Sisters! Such a blessing! Not that I can't handle a bigger District, I just like smaller ones cuz you can focus more on their needs and area.  Dad last week you asked me if there were any Sisters in my District who were scared of me.. haha no! please. Not gonna lie tho, we have had our struggles! Another blessing from the split! :0

Well I have to go, but I am so excited to talk to you all soon! I love each of you very, very much! Mollie I am SOOOOOOOOOO freaking proud of you for geting your Young Women's Award! THATA GIRL! Thank you for keeping your promise! :) SO PROUD! GAH! I JUST LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I love this time of year.  It is incredible.  I love my Savior Jesus Christ.  I know that HE LIVES! I love the Plan of Salvation and I love being a missionary! I know this Church is true and I know the Book of Mormon is true. NO DOUBT! 10 months..check. BE STRONG AND OF GOOD COURAGE!!!!!!!! 1-10-15 Remember the Small and Simple Things! 3-2-1! KEEP CALM AND PREACH THE GOSPEL! be you and only you. Five stars! LONG LIVE! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! Work iT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

LOVE YOUR SISTER MISSIONARY FOR LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! SISTER JAYNANNE PETERSEN YO!

No comments:

Post a Comment