Monday, February 24, 2014

I Love My Mission

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!! :) :) :) :) ahhh. what a week. yesterday we had two baptisms. it was pretty good. the rest of the week was a blur. ha. lots of miracles though.

Wendy and Rebecca's Baptism! :) My district.

I went on exchanges.. We have so many meetings this upcoming week! One of which is with an APOSTLE! woo woo. so stoked.  All of your emails were SO dang good! Grandpa's stories are soooo funny.

I have to say that Mollie's email was one of the best emails I've ever gotten on my mission. No offense to any other emails.. I just really miss my Mollie and I can't believe she is going to PROM! I've got mixed feelings about it!

haha Where has the time gone by? that makes me so... dare I say it... "trunky." Gah! I remember that everytime I heard Trevor say that word in his emails home I would just think it sounded ridiculous!  Well now I get it.  I can feel the down hill slope of my mission and it is awful. haha it's like sand slipping between my fingers and I can't even stop it. it's the worst. I love being a full-time missionary! This is without a doubt the best decision I have ever made in my entire life.  I can honestly say that not one time on my whole mission have I ever thought about going home early. never.  I've never even entertained the thought in my head. it's like a sin!  That doesn't mean it hasn't been hard.  There are times when I am just so exhausted and so tired and so so so stressed out, but you know what? I never wanted to give up.  I always just wanted things to get better or fixed and if they didn't then I would just painly endure with a firm hope that one day I'll be able to rest and that it will all be worth it. I've come to know that it is worth it. I wouldn't change a thing.  I have learned so much about myself and the Atonement and about my Savior Jesus Christ and the Restored Gospel and God's Plan. I've had experiences here in Canada that have changed my life forever and I know that these days will be ones never to be forgotten. 

On my Year mark I read the letters I received my first week or so on my mission and I have to say, I have the best family in the entire world.  Your love and support give me the strength to endure without delay and I want you to know that I love you.  I am so happy. I couldn't ask for a better support group than the one I got.  I admire all of you and look up to each and everyone of you so much.  When the hard days come and the feelings of despair and loneliness try to creep in.. I remind myself to be strong and of good courage because I know that each of you believe in me.  I know that I am so loved and thought of and cared for back home.  I hope I make you proud and I can't thank you enough for your prayers.  I know I'm who I am today because I knew you. I've been changed for the better out here. So much has changed but so much is the exact same.  I'm still obsessed with Taylor Swift and I still want my life to be like an 80's movie.  I still have to be the one to open the bag of chips and eat the first curly one I see. (so weird) I still don't drink soda. I still get grossed out and awkward about everything. I still scream and laugh all the time! I still love wearing scarfs. I still sing in the car at the top of my lungs and get road rage.  I still love ice cream.  I still am way OCD about EVERYTHING! I still Work iT!! I still choose the Right.  I still know that I am a Daughter of God.  I am still me and only me.  Testimony Sundays are still my favorite.  I still save money like I don't have any.  I still quote movies without even realizing it.. old habits die hard. I STILL do and am a lot of things, but My mission has taught me to "BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD."  I trust the Lord more than ever before. He is my rock. He is my go to. He is the one I tell everything to.  He is my best friend. he is my Savior.  Before my mission I was just Jaynanne and when I came out I tried to be this Sister Petersen.  One of the biggest lessons I've learned on my mission is how to be Sister Jaynanne Petersen. I thank the Lord for that.  I know he made me who I am today.  So bring on the winds and the storms. Let it rain. Heck, let it pour! It doesn't matter because the Lord is the is my firm foundation and with his hand in mine I will never crumble or fall or break. He's got me. He won't let me fail.  He won't forsake me. He won't let go.  The Church of Jesus Christ is true.  We have a living day prophet who guides us back to our Savior. The Book of Mormon is True. I can testify that what Spencer said is true that God does hear and answer prayers.  God's Merciful Plan is true and real.  The Savior's Grace is real.  I know Families are forever.

I love you all. remember the small and simple things. 1-10-15 & 3-2-1. CTR. Long live. five stars. keep calm and carry on. be strong and of good courage WORK iT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

LOVE YOUR CANADIAN SISTER MISSIONARY! SISTER jaynanne PETERSEN.         
        

No comments:

Post a Comment