Monday, September 23, 2013

Work iT!!

Well Hello there! :)  AHH! So much has happened this weekend! I don't know where to begin! 

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WHITNEY!!!! :] ahh.  I remember last year I think I made ya a bouquet of candy! ha that was fun..

So, on Saturday our wards helped with the BC Thanksgiving Food Drive and it was so fun! I love doing service projects! I haven't done that many on my mission, but this was really neat.  I just feel soo good helping ya know? I love it when everyone comes together for a good cause.  Like the peach orchard story..incredible. Well, Sister Galbraith was with me on exchanges and we went around with Sister Towns and did a couple routes where we picked up bags of food on peoples steps! We then went to the church where they had people boxing it and organizing, and we helped out there! I loved organizing.  There ended up being so much food!  We filled this huge truck full!  Brad and Loretta were in charge and they nailed it.  The Mayor of Langley was there and he was so impressed with our church.  It was cool, so there were some non-members there and of course I'm like, "oh hello:)"  So, Sis Galbraith and I talked to these two korean non-member volunteers and gave them a tour of the outside of the temple and they became new investigators!  boom baby.  That's how it is done.  :)

Yesterday, at church our Ward Mission Leader gave a talk and he started and ended it by saying, "if you are happy and you know it, refer a friend!" ha.  Classic.  Let's just say i'm gonna be singing that lots this week to members! ;) cuz ya know.. we are the only people in the entire world who know where true happiness comes from.  Also yesterday, we had a fireside on Prayer at our Templeview Chapel.  Oh my heck! It was sooooooo good.  

So storytime, last week I was sitting by this lady in sacrament who was in charge of the musical number for last night and I accidentally, sort of, came up with this idea and then volunteered all the missionaries in our stake, to sing at this fireside. oops.  So I called up a couple leaders in the Missh and thirty of us missionaries and about 15 little kids sang "A Childs Prayer" and it was so powerful.  President Tilleman was supposed to be the main speaker, but when it started, he was flying over head on his way from Prince George! What?! The thing started at 7 and he arrived at 8:25, and he felt so bad!  He was only going to talk for five minutes, but then he ended up speaking for like a half hour and dang it was good.  I have never seen him so emotional.  Afterwards, I was talking to him and his eyes were so red, and with tears streaming down his face, he told me how proud he was of me and asked me to find someone else that he can baptize for October.  I promised him I would. 

Our teaching pool is just a puddle right now.  It took us SEVERAL MONTHS to prepare the people we did for baptism.  I know as to my own strength and ability, I AM SO WEAK! There is no way on earth I can find someone who will be prepared to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone who holds the Priesthood Authority... if I do this alone.  But, the beautiful thing is that I am NOT alone. In fact, I am NEVER alone!  Not in the slightest.  I am a Daughter of God who loves me and I love him and I know that as I put my faith and trust in him, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! I will stop at nothing to find someone to teach and baptize.  But not just one, SEVERAL! I am determined to baptize as many people as the Lord puts in my path.  I am nervous and scared and I want to have success and do well.  I know that as I try my best, the Lord will help me find a way to fulfill my promise to him and my Mission President.  But only if I try my very best.  The Lord blesses us by virtue of our Obedience to his laws and commandments.  This I know to be true.  So, how am I going to baptize in October? BY WORKIN iT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! duh.  Plus, by being exactly obedient! I'll Work iT like it all depends on me and pray like it all depends on the Lord. 

Yesterday, Brad spoke at the fireside, as a recent convert, and shared his experience with prayer.  He said and I quote, "There is this famous quote that a certian Sister Missionary ALWAYS says which I quite love and that is to, 'Work iT'.  I know we all must do this.  Hey look at that, I quoted her all without saying Sister Petersen's Name!" haha he's a punk. But I truly know that if we Work iT, the blessings will come.  They may come now or they may come late.. they might not even come till heaven, but I can promise you that they will come.  So don't you give up.  You hold fast to what you already know to be true and you WORK at IT. 

Anyways, after the fireside was over and the crowds died down, the missionaries sang for President and Sister Tilleman.  We sang "A Child's Prayer," "We'll Bring the World His Truth," and "Called to Serve." It was special to sing to just the two of them.  President gave us permission to go have refreshments, aka stay awhile, so we didn't get home till after 10:00! What? That NEVER happens! miracle. 

Oh also, yesterday this guy in our ward made us these necklaces and it was just one piece of stone that he polished from the TEMPLE! cool huh.  So now I have a piece of the Temple from the mission where I served. Love it. 

Man all last week and still, I have a killer headache.  It's the worst. AND, I keep waking up with charlie horses! What?! I don't even know what that means..! random fact: there are spider webs everywhere! pretty much on every porch you find a spider web and they are huge spider webs and they have huge spiders too! It's disgusting and guess who always walks into them? me. gah. So basically I need to stop taking charge and let Sister Gale go first.  I can't help it though! I am just a fast walker! 

Oh, hey I was gonna tell you to go on lds.org and check out the Canada page.  There are a couple stories about our mission and Moroni's Quest.  The lady who does the Website is in our ward. Surprise, surprise.  Well anyway, I love you all so much!!! Thank you for all the love and support! You have no idea how much it mean to me that you think of me.  Hope I don't bore ya! I just know that this church is true and that Jesus Christ is at the head of it and that He lives.
Did you hear that? HE LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love my Savior and I am so grateful for the Atonement!  
Well please remember to keep things small and simple! Be strong and of good courage! keep calm and carry on! <<long live>> 1-10-15! five stars! and hey, Work iT!! :] I Love You!
LOVE YOUR SISTER MISSIONARY! JAYNANNE PETERSEN!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment