Monday, September 16, 2013

Little Victories

Hey Everyone! Kay real quick, I don't even remember what I said last week, so if you said something about my used-to-be investigator Merle well then Good On Ya.  Sorry If I sounded angry.  Breathe everyone.  Just Breathe.

OK SO!  This past week was pretty good! Marion and Karen were baptized on Saturday! It went so, so, so well.  This is a new Karen obviously, and she was actually baptized by my kinda Recent Convert Brad!! It was really cool.  Brad was just baptized in May and this was his first time baptizing someone else.  President Tilleman baptized Marion and he could have baptized Karen too, but all week long I felt like maybe Brad should do it so I asked him the day before and he humbly agreed.  It was really cool and ended up being exactly how the Lord wanted it to be.  When Marion came up out of the Water, She put her fist up in the air and exclaimed, "YaY! I did it!" haha it was funny.  You could not find two more opposite people though.  Let me tell you what!  The Spirit was really strong and I was so pleased how well it turned out. 

Yesterday, church was amazing.  It actually felt like a real Sunday at church. Like how it is back home. Even skipped sunday school;)  Usually church is crazy busy.  Like, last week we taught Gospel Principles and Young Women's, and had meetings, and certain people to talk to, and all this other craziness.  This week was a lot more calm, and My two friends received the Gift of The Holy Ghost which is amazing. 

Oh, so I got Abbie's Letter the other day! THANK YOU SO MUCH! just keep on sending them! :) Also, tell Whitney and Parker Congrats on the Engagement! I just love it! YAY! :) :)  AND PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE TELL MY BEST FRIEND FOREVER, MISS JOSIE JUNE STOWERS HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY FROM ME! JAYNANNE! (on Friday) ahhhh. I just can't believe it.  she is so big. I miss her. oh goodness. Work iT!!

Time sure does fly.  Saturday is my 7 month mark.  I forgot to tell you I think, that Sister Cho left last transfer and it was so sad! I talked to her on the phone when she was driving to the airport and we were both just crying.  When it's my time I probably won't die.  I'll just lie down and close my eyes and think about stuff..  It's been a crazy couple of months!  I think I've changed a lot, but in good ways hopefully. I was reading all my month marks in my journal the other day and you can just see how much I've grown.  Kinda fun.  Sometimes I have to stop and remember who I am though.  Just like, remember the good stuff and the happy stuff because lately I've been strugglin' with my stress levels.  So I try to be my old self again, but I'm still tryin' to find it! I guess what it boils down too is that I've had struggles with my companions.  Especially now.  Not like fighting or anything like that, but just the little stuff that gets to ya every now and then.  For example, I like talkin' about her, her, her, her usually, but occasionally! I want to talk about me!  I go on exchanges and I think it's strange that they think I'm funny cuz she never does.  Plus I feel the pressure of responsibility weighing down heavy on my shoulders because right now I am in a position where my comp struggles with lots and so one of us needs to be strong, ya know??  In times like these, I turn my thoughts and attention to the Lord.  He's here.  That's all I need to know!  He will keep me safe.. and He will keep me warm.  I love our Savior SO much.  He is my rock and my salvation and without Him, I am nothing.  He is my light.  I am very grateful for all the many wonderful things He has given me.  HE IS ALWAYS THERE FOR ME!  Like the other day, one of our investigators dropped their baptism date.  It was such a bummer.  They called us up again just to break us, like a promise. So casually, and cruel in the name of being honest.  I felt like a crumpled up piece of paper lying there.  Oh I remember it all to well.  BUT! what doesn't kill you makes ya stronger and I know this to be true.  It's those type of experiences that strengthens my testimony.  Or like, when some one tells us how wrong we are, the Spirit is right there with me confirming that all the things the person is saying are false.  I love that.  It works like magic.  Serving a mission has been such a blessing in my life.  I have never felt so close to the Lord in my whole life or understood so much about His gospel.  Yeah, I have hard times, yeah, I struggle, but you got to celebrate and remember the little victories.  Focus on the positive.  I've been spending the last seven months thinkin' all work ever does is break, and burn, and end, but on a Saturday at a baptism service, I watched it begin again.  So, I need to hold on to that moment when Marion shouted for joy in the baptism font or the time that Karen's baby was blessed or when Merle told us that he wants to be with Babs forever.  That is what it is all about.  My purpose as a missionary is to Invite others to come unto Christ and I want to humbly say I have done that and will continue to do that and be happy with my little victories. After knowing that, this little drop of Canada rain can hardly hurt me now.  Thank you so much for all the love and support.  Each of you give me the energy everyday to labor in a part of the Lord's vineyard. 
  
I think about you all the time! The moment I wake up.. before I put on my make up! 
I say a little prayer for you! :) I just love you guys! 
Remember to keep it small and simple and be strong and of good courage! 
Long live the walls ya crashed through!<--
That's a victory! keep calm and carry on! 1-10-15.  
and hey, please WORK iT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :] five stars. 

LOVE YOUR SISTER MISSIONARY JAYNANNE PETERSEN!!!!!! :) :) :) :)                

No comments:

Post a Comment