Monday, June 24, 2013

The Church is so True it Hurts!!!

Hi FAMILY! :]  So, I hope you are all doing amazing!  I am not sure if you were able to watch the Worldwide Broadcast yesterday, but it was absolutely incredible. If you didn't get a chance, then please look it up because it applies to everyone! EVERY MEMBER IS A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You will not be sorry.  It is two hours long. So basically, I cried for two hours straight and then some!  Like for real though...I get very emotional when I see others doing kind acts of service.  They showed this video clip of a family who did kind acts of service and I just bawled.  It was so Christ-like.  I also get very emotional when I hear about others conversion stories.  It's just so brilliant and awesome.  The church is TRUE my friends.  When I saw all the thousands of missionaries sitting there, it was one of those WOW moments that you will just never forget, and to think that I am a part of that is just overwhelming.  That is just a glimpse of our numbers.  First off, I just want to say how grateful I am to be a missionary.  I love being apart of this Army of God.  I don't think I realized before my mission what I had actually enlisted in. Like, I literally am in an Army for God.  How many people are able to say that?  Missions are not like what I ever thought, they are so much MORE.  Every worthy capable person needs to serve a mission and should.  Jesus Christ died for us and THE VERY LEAST we can do is share is gospel with others and, to not fall away!  The focus in the church is definitely on missionary work right now.  There is no doubt about it, this is a historic time and the angels are keeping records of it. This day and age will never be forgotten.  It is a scary thought at times, because it is just all so real.  I mean Satan is working just as hard to stop us from spreading the good word.  I don't know why it took me so long to realize that we all need to share the gospel.  The worst someone can say is no.  If you do it out of love and with a willing heart, then others will not be offended.  I wish I knew sooner how great the knowledge was that I have.  I am envious of the young teens who are preparing now, because it is so clear what their duty is.  I feel bad for them too, because that is who the devil is working extra hard on right now.  All I can think of are my younger siblings and the youth in the N.O. First Ward.  Everyone has a choice to serve a mission, but I think God would be so pleased if that choice was to serve Him. It's crazy to think that there were only a small amount of spirits in the big scheme of things who got to come to this world instead of other worlds.  Then you think of all the millions of people who have come and gone who don't even know about His church, and then you think of all the people who do and have rejected it, and then you think about all the members we have, and then as it continues to get smaller, you think of all the members who have fallen away, and then you think of all the members who really aren't worthy, and then you think about the small amount of righteous individuals that can have the opportunity to serve a mission for our Savior Jesus Christ out of the amount that are still active members. WE ARE SO BLESSED!  We must have done something right to be able to have the freaking knowledge that we have about His plan.  IT IS OUR DUTY TO SHARE THE GOSPEL WITH EVERYONE.  Even if ya don't have a dang name tag, you can and should spread the gospel.   For me, I didn't know till after I went on my mission.  I feel like it is my duty to spread and preach the gospel with all those I come in contact with.  It is so important and it is so true and I am forever changed because of it.  Yesterday when we were able to watch the worldwide broadcast...WOW.  That was so motivating and encouraging and inspiring and real and beautiful and true and needed.  There is no greater work than this.  

This morning I finished truly reading the Book of Mormon completely for the first time in my whole entire life and that book is so true it hurts!  I believe and know that it is the word of God and that it really did happen! Being a missionary at this time in history is such an incredible experience and I love being here in Canada.  Sometimes, I feel really weak, like really really, really weak. Like I am the weakest missionary in the world!, Like someone else could come and do this much better than I ever could. Missions are hard.  They make ya stretch in ways you didn't know possible.  All your flaws are enhanced and high-lighted.  Like I don't know a whole lot when it comes to the gospel doctrine and I'm never sure if my best is good enough or if I really did do my best that day, so I get overwhelmed, discouraged, and stressed out.  My insecurities definitely come out and they get the best of me. So, I am not perfect by any means.  Neither is any other missionary or young person in the world but guess what? We aren't asked to be perfect and we aren't asked to do it all by ourselves.  I am trying to focus on what I do know.  What I do KNOW is that the Church of Jesus Christ has been restored back onto the earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I KNOW that the Book of Mormon is TRUE, and I KNOW that Thomas S. Monson is a TRUE prophet.  I KNOW that families can be together FOREVER in eternity with our LOVING Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ, and I KNOW that Jesus Christ is the Redeemer of the world.  I KNOW that he died for my sins and that he IS the Savior.  I KNOW that it is only through the Atonement that I can be forgiven of ALL my sins.  I KNOW that the the Lord LOVES me.  I KNOW that he is cheering me on everyday and that he wants me to be HAPPY.  I KNOW that he LISTENS to ALL of my prayers and I KNOW that he answers them.  I KNOW that I am NEVER alone.  I KNOW that he qualified me to be a missionary because trust me, I was not ready.  I KNOW that with God, ALL THINGS are possible.  I KNOW that God is in the very details of our lives.  I KNOW that we must have FAITH in the Lord and FAITH in His timing. There are so many good things I know and I could go on and on, but lastly, I KNOW that I am a daughter of God.  The veil is very thin and we are so close to the spirit world.  Angels are amongst us everyday and they are anxiously watching our every move because they can see the big picture just like our Savior and Heavenly Father.  Doubt not. Fear not.  I believe that as we put our trust in the Lord with all our heart, might, mind and strength, than he will NOT let us fail!  He just loves us too darn much to say pysch! joke's on you! and ya know.. even if none of it were true and even if we ended up all being wrong, well I wouldn't change a thing.  We are better because of it.  The Church is true. The ACTUAL Church of Jesus the Christ is back on the earth.  How could we not sound the war cry and tell everyone? THAT IS COOL!  It is our duty and obligation to share the knowledge we have because if we don't then no one else will and I bet it is easier to repent and get the work done on this side while we have bodies, than it is on the other side.  All they can do is accept it, repent and then wait for us to do their work.  That's so sad in a way. Kinda a lot of pressure so it's a good thing the Lord is on our side.

Alright, well I have to go.  OH... I could go on and on about all the "obedient rules" you would be shocked and mortified haha.  I've come to the conclusion that I am really good at being obedient and that is why I was called here.  I mean some people were called here cuz that is something they need to work on, but not me.  I like being obedient and I just need to be more positive about it because it is a protection. God knows it's one of my strengths so he lettin' me exercise that strength! I was better in the beginning, but Satan got the best of me and made me think it was holding me back.  I'm just trying to enjoy being obedient.  In this last week, my comp has lashed out a couple of times and unnecessarily corrected me and then I just smile and think... regrets! I've had a few! but then again.. TO FEW TO MENTION! I did what I had to do!........la la la......much more than this... I DID IT MMMMMMMYYYYYYYY WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

haha alright love you all.  The Church is True! Did I mention that? 1-10-15.  by small and simple things are great things brought to pass! WORK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 stars. be strong and of good courage.
LOVE SISTER JAYNANNE PETERSEN! :] 

No comments:

Post a Comment