Monday, June 17, 2013

HaPpy FaTHer's dAy!!!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
sorry it is a day late. Since I couldn't call you,  I just want you to know that you are the greatest man I've ever known.  Not only that, but you are the greatest person I've ever known.  You are my hero Dad.  I love you so much and I feel so blessed to be your daughter.  Last night when I was talking with God, I was just crying when we were chatting about you.  We both agreed that you are something special.  Anyone who knows you, knows that you are such a hard working, fun loving, enthusiastic person and they can't help but feel good around you.  I can always count on you and talk to you about anything.  You are always there for me.  You are always cheering me on and building me up.  You always love me, even when I make mistakes.  You always take care of me.  You always remind me how great I am.  You never forget about me.  There aren't enough words that could describe you Dad.  You are just..just everything. I talk about you all the time. ha. seriously though, I read your talks out loud to Sister Byam whether she really likes it or not, and just yesterday while we were tracting, she randomly goes, "I just love your Dad" ha. nerd.  She always says things like, "Your family has so much character!" "I love hearing stories about your family!" ha  
Anyway, I love you Dad.  You are going to be an Apostle one day. CALLED IT!

Ok So, I am probably going to need braces when I get back because my teeth are moving up a storm! such a joke. Also, I kinda sorta need a scripture bag. I know I said I didn't on the phone and I feel really bad asking, but um ya... i need one.  Late Birthday Present? what missionary goes on their mission and doesn't bring a scripture bag?! ha. wow. 
ok So I don't know if I explained, but I was in the Abbotsford Zone and then at transfers they made new zones cuz of all the areas opening up so now we are in the Langley zone.  Sister Cho is still my district leader, but she went from Abbotsford to Burnaby which is basically Vancouver.  So we were with everyone in the East and now we are with the lower mainland to the west of us.  Anyway, Last week we went on Exchanges and Sister Cho came here to Brookswood.  

How my hair looks 10 mins outside....It's always RAINING!
Funny story. So we were driving around in the pouring rain and we got out to do some drop by's and when we got back in the car Sister Cho could smell gas really strong coming from the car.  Like extremely strong.  I could smell it too, so we called Elder Jones who is incharge of Cars in our mission and he made us pop the hood and do all this stuff.  Mind you it is pouring rain.  So we couldn't figure out the smell and so Elder Jones wanted us to take our car in the next day, well while we were trying to figure it all out, I realized that the smell wasn't coming from the car! OH NO! it was coming from my rain jacket! yep. I'm not even kidding you, it STUNK! so I was like having this moral dilemma.  Like do I tell Sister Cho I'm the one that stinks? hahahah ahhh ok cuz this jacket is super old from another missionary right? and it has always smelled.  infact I say that is smells every time I put in on and Sister Byam just laughs about it!  It smells worse when it is wet. SOOOOO I was in this pickle. ha so than Elder Jones got us all this info for this car dealership and I was just over here a panicing away! ha so than we got into the apartment and I immediately change jackets. um yeah we could smell anything coming from the car the rest of the night! so I just told myself I'll figure out what to do later. haha so than after we exchanged back I told Sister Byam all about it and she was CRACKING UP! I guess you had to be there! We called Elder Jones and we were like, "Oh hey.. the car actually is fine now! no more smell!" haha we told him a little about the jacket too.  Moral of the story is that Jaynanne needs a rain jacket.  I am not wearing that stinky one anymore! ha so I mean I could try to find one here, but I don't really have money. so yeah.  I'll look around for one. that is my story.  
 I'm going to start driving today! I haven't driven
in almost four months! ahh. wish me luck.  
Kay so we showed Karen pictures of our families and When she was looking at the picture of me and Mollie, she was just like, "oh my heck she is gorgeous! does she know how gorgeous she is? like Seriously. does she? does she?" haha and than she just like stared at me for a long time and was like "really does she?" hahaha I was just like, Ya, I know! I hope so Karen! :) ahaha SO MOLLIE YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Ok, so last thing I was going to talk about was the whole obedience thing.  Yeah obedience is super strict here.  Like with everything.  EVERYTHING.  I'm not joking.  It's almost so obedient that it makes it miserable, sorta.  Like my mission sounds a lot different from Trevor's, dad's, and all my friends.  If we have "fun" then we are driving the spirit away.  We are not allowed to sing or even think about "apostate" or "Babylon" music.  So, basically anything that is not a hymn.  DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT IS FOR ME?!?!?!?!?!!!?? like so, so, so, hard.  I never realized that I live my life through song lyrics.  Literally everything reminds me of a song.  All our family does is listen to music! Dad you talk about it in all your talks! not gonna lie, I sing when I shower and vacuum. Today it was the Righteous Brothers, "You've lost that lovin' feeling" and than I pretended I was in a parade and sang "Twist and Shout" so, yeah.  Everyone says that if it is in the White Handbook and Preach My Gospel, then it can ALL be achieved. Um, yeah I feel like I am only giving ten percent in fifty thousand different areas instead of giving it my all in five areas if that makes sense.  Being this obedient makes ya get real discouraged cuz, for sisters especially, if they are not good in one little area, then the whole world falls apart and you just hate on yourself cuz you aren't perfect. Also, you are always being watched. So if you do something wrong, you are immediately judged and corrected.  The worst is when your comps try to correct you in their prayers.  Sister Byam doesn't do that, but previous companions of mine always try to tell ya how to be while they are praying.  Oh, and we pray ALL the time.  It sometimes makes it not so meaningful.  ummm... talking about things besides missionary work or spiritual stuff is really looked down upon.  ummm we can't take pictures while proselyting and that is basically all the time so I literally have no pictures. Saddest thing of my life.  We do exactly 20 min of cardio, and exactly 10 min of stretching, cuz that is what the health guide says. Seriously, we put on a timer.  We pray when we get in and out of the car, and about 7 times in between.  We are constantly repenting in all our prayers and it makes ya feel like after all that repenting, then there isn't much left to be confident in. ummmm, so many things....  It's really hard. Like it makes ya more home sick I think.  Like I can't be myself, so I'm just like dying sometimes. But, I do it all because I love the Lord.  I fear him ya know? so I just want to do what is right and never mess up.  I almost feel though, that we are so focused on being obedient and staying on purpose that we don't really focus on being missionaries... like being obedient yields our full potential.  ahh I can't explain it and I gotta go.  Sorry none of that made sense at all.  Just know that the few times I say Work iT out loud, it gets kinda awkward in the air and all quiet-like, and I feel the silent judgement! haha whatever. anywho, I love you all! 
sorry for my rant! 
I gotta go soak the nation now with baptisms! WORK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU! 1-10-15. By small and simple things are great things brought to pass. 5 stars. BE STRONG AND OF GOOD COURAGE! just sayin.. ;)
-LOVE SISTER JAYNANNE PETERSEN! :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment