Monday, May 12, 2014

Stand Ye in Holy Places!

Oh Hey! :) I LOVED TALKING TO YOU GUYS ON THE PHONE YESTERDAY! :] so awesome. 

Well things are going pretty well here in Richmond! I want to tell you about a few of my Investigators! Ok so first there is Maracell.  She is the Cutest little Filipino Lady ever! Oh my heck I love her.  She married This member in our Ward two years ago in the Philippines and it has taken her that long to get over here to Canada! Well She got here about a month ago and we have been teaching her ever since! She is extremely shy, but she understands everything we teach and she is getting baptized!!!!! YaY! Next there is Emily and her nine year old son Brad. They are from Taiwan and investigated the church over a year ago, but than changed their mind.  Well just recently, they have come back to the church (because of the on going fellowship of some very beloved members) and this time they have an even greater desire to learn and understand the Gospel! Last week we had a lesson with them and the Tilleman's, and it was such an awesome lesson. Words could never describe.  When President Tilleman asked Brad about baptism, He threw his fists in the air and enthusiastically said, "It Sounds Exciting!" hahah they are getting baptized too:) We went to the Park yesterday with them and had a picnic and played frizbee and it was so great!  

 I just love my investigators.  They are all SO different from each other and they each have different concerns and needs and there is no way we could help them without the Spirit.  I rely on that thing like you wouldn't believe!  One of my favorite things to do is go over the baptism questions with people.  So before anyone becomes a member of the church, he or she is interviewed by a worthy Priesthood Holder.  There are Six questions asked to make sure they understand and are prepared to make and keep those sacred covenants with the Lord!  This Past Week We reviewed the questions with a couple different people and their responses were priceless.  One person Took a picture of the questions in my planner and than wrote down all the answers and said she would study for the interview. haha it's not a test! I was dying and she was serious.  Another person was super confused at this one question ans was like, "Why would I be getting baptized if I was committing a serious crime!?" hahaha and then she just started laughing so hard. Then one of My favorite Investigators from Jamacia, read the first question which is, "Do you believe that God is Our Eternal Father? Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Savior and Redeemer of the world?" and as sassy as can be she responded, "OBVIOUSLY!" hahah you just had to be there.. and then when asked about abortion or a homsexual relationship she was so so annoyed and disgusted with the very thought and was like, "ABSOLUTELY NOT."  again, you had to be there. so funny.  The Baptism questions are inspired and they help us know where people are at.  Sometimes even after someone has passed the interview they still don't get baptized.  This was a case just a couple months ago.  Usually being taught long enough to actually have the interview in the first place is a big deal, but after one of our investigators was interviewed and ready to go, three days before her baptism, she calls us and goes, "I completely forgot! I don't believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God and I don't believe he died on the cross." ha I guess it slipped her mind every single time we taught her or something.. ha anyway,  

I am so happy I am baptized.  I am so happy I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!! I know this is the only true and living church on the face of the planet.  I am so grateful it was restored and that I have the Privilege to be a missionary and tell people the good news!  

I hope you all remember your baptism covenants this week and try a little harder to do a little better by doing those small and simple things! Be strong and of good courage! get five stars! do the 1-10-15 & 3-2-1 Be you and only you! Keep on Keepin on! WORK iT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Long live baby! I love you all so much!!!!!!

Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment