Monday, April 14, 2014

Rock-Like Faith.

Hey There! :) So Spring is in the Air and there is nothing like Spring in British Columbia! It is so pretty and green and there are flowers everywhere! I love it!  

So, I got to see so many miracles this week. It. was. insane.  
A huge miracle I saw was this inactive mother (since she was fifteen) and her three little boys came to church! Oh man.  We have been visiting her for over a month and how she was found in the first place is a miracle. (she is not on the ward list) She doesn't have a car and she lives 20 minutes south of the Church in South Delta which is obviously a different town and taking the bus would take forever! (tunnel, freeway, traffic little kids, etc.) So we managed to have the sweetest elderly lady who had a van give her and her boys a ride and Saturday night we drove all over the place to find/borrow three car seats from members so her boys could be safe! All I can Say is that if there is a will, there is a way.  Even if it means driving a half hour east of Richmond to pick up seats then driving back down to South Delta before church.  It is a testimony to me of how important Church attendance is!

So Earlier in the week I remember having a thought that I wish I had the kind of faith the scriptures talk about.. ya know.. like Unshaken Faith that could move mountains and all that...
Well Anyways, Yesterday we went and visited with an older couple in the ward.  The Wife is super active and the Husband is super inactive and very anti.  Well, As we visited and listened to all their funny old people jokes,  The husband kept making rude comments about the church.  He said things like, "there is no other book but the bible" or "The Book of Mormon is made up and Joseph Smith was crazy! There is no way he had visions! or saw God and Jesus Christ! He was fourteen!"...blah..blah..blah  or "the Nephities aren't real!" and on and on he went.  Hearing all this isn't new to me..  In fact I hear stuff like this all day everyday, but I don't let it bug me.  Well  the Husband was relentless and he just would not stop and it finally got to the point where I couldn't stand it anymore.  Much to his dislike, We shared a spiritual thought and we had one prepared and ready, but I decided to read 2 Nephi 29 6-14 instead.  We usually go around and each read a verse, but as I began to read, I couldn't stop, and the more I read, the Louder I got, and the more powerful I felt.  When I finished Reading, I testified in the name of Jesus Christ that the Book of Mormon was the Word of God, and that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of the Lord, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church on the Earth today.  When I finished speaking, there was silence and at that moment it occurred to me that I do have unshaken faith and the Husband couldn't think of what to say and didn't have any way to attack my testimony because he felt the Spirit and the things I preached were true.   

It reminds me of the Scripture in Helaman 5 verse 12... "And now , my sons (and Daughters), remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation: that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds,yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build, they cannot fall."

Jesus Christ is my rock and my salvation and no one can mess with that.  Be strong and of good courage. remember the small and simple things.  1-10-15 and 3-2-1 WORK iT!!!!!!!! five stars! Long live.  keep calm and carry on. have rock-like faith! :)

LOVE SISTER PETERSEN! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment