Monday, November 25, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! :)

Hi! :) thank you so much for your emails this week! they are great! You all sound like you are doing so well and I love you all so much!!! :) :) Way to Work iT!! :] Welp this week I've found the Pretenders in Penticton! haha jk.. kinda..  This area is super different from my last area! It is soooo pretty. like ohhh my goodness.  The mountains and lakes are so beautfiul! I love them SO much! It really does feel like Utah.  The community is small and it's kinda a retirement place if ya know what I'm saying! 
This is me with thermals, tights, 2 pair of socks, 2 skirts, sweater, 2 coats, scarf, hat, & 2 gloves! :)
It's cold.  haha I'm basically a walking popsicle. no big deal.


I thought I was here to baptize, but I think I am really here to Organize and straighten out/up all aspects of the area. Like awh man.. let's just say that it's a good thing I like to be a perfectionist.  For example, last week when I got here, the oil light in the car was on! I was like how long has that been on for?? the response was, "oh just four months." WHAT!?!?! come again!??! so we spent the entire day at the car place getting it changed and apparently our breaks were not made correctly so they had to fix that too or we could of died.  Good to know.  Needless to say, if we had gone any later we might have ruined the engine forever. or so they told me.  It made me think of the Mazda. Awh Goodness. 

Sister Allen & Me :)
So last week I said Sister Allen was from Coalsville.. ha my bad! She is from Nibley!

So the streets here in Penticton are all street names instead of a number grid system and it's the worse! ha I feel like I'm gonna get street names and investigators mixed up! You constantly have to look at a map because you can't just find it on your own unless you've lived here your whole life.  Ok so up in like the foothills I guess, along with roaming deer, they also have roaming horses! like what? The other day we are just minding our own business driving along and this huge horse just goes in front of the car! I was like what is going on!?!  Apparently the Natives let them just go where ever and it's total ok. hmm interesting.

Oh real quick, Mom this is Canada.  Not Hungary.  Yes I have an oven and stove and fridge! hahah your crack me up.   It does get cold though so I asked the Relief Society for blankets and a heater.

The Nice thing about Penticton is I only smell Weed every now and then instead of multiple times a day so that's a bit more refreshing! :)

Well I know that this week is Thanksgiving for us Americans, So I just want to tell you all how grateful I am for my life.  I am so grateful for all the amazing and wonderful blessings the Lord has given me.  I am so grateful to be his daughter.  I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the Restored Gospel.  I am so grateful for the sacrifices of those that came before me had to make.  I am SO grateful for my family! I love my family more than I could ever express.  I feel so blessed to be a Petersen.  I am so happy that I get to be with them forever.  I am so grateful for all my leaders and I am so grateful for all my friends.  I am so grateful to have been born in a free land.  I am grateful for the opportunities I've had in my life.  I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I love it.  

Most of all, I am so grateful for my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.  

I know that he is the Son of God and I know that He lives.  I know that he was crucified for me and has gone through all the pains and sufferings of the world so that through him, we can be forgiven of our sins.  I am grateful for God's Plan. I love this life.  I love being a missionary.  I love serving the Lord. 

Keep Calm and Preach the Gospel.  1-10-15  five stars. 
By small and simple things are great things brought to pass.  
3-2-1. Be Strong and of Good Courage! 
Work iT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! long live.
LOVE YOUR SISTER MISSIONARY FOREVER AND EVER! 
SISTER JAYNANNE PETERSEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment