Monday, October 7, 2013

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE :) - and other little ditties...

HELLO MY FELLOW SAINTS! :]

Wow! What a weekend! Man, General Conference was soooooo, sooooooo good! 

First things first, looks like I'm gonna stay, stay, stay! I am STILL in the Brookswood Ward! I didn't get transferred. After this transfer, I will have spent half my mission here. dang.  I did however become the District Supervisor Leader person though! Sister Galbraith left and Sister Weller is training Sister Pavone so I watch over them and call a lot and report stuff to the zone leaders and hold meetings and stuff like that! nothing major! I'm still companions with Sister Gale.  

So General Conference was A-MAZING! like ohhhhhh my heck.  there were so many crazy good talks.  I just felt overwhelmed with it all! A couple that I liked was David A. Bednar! let's be honest, the guy is just good. DO MORE WITH LESS PEOPLE! i love it.  I also loved, loved, loved Deiter F. Uchedorfs talk! DOUBT YOUR DOUBTS! President Boyd K. Packer was spot on.  IT'S A MIGHTY FINE LIFE! CARRYING THE SCRIPTURES TO THEM ALL! just saying.  I quite enjoyed Elder Holland's, Eyring's, Ballard's, Christofferson's, Scott's, Mayne's, and of course our Beloved Prophet, Thomas S. Monson.  I wish I could talk about each one, but I don't have time! shoot.  haha but they were all very inspiring and heart felt and true and I know and believe that those men are called of God to preach and teach his Gospel.  I understand and get that the things they taught and spoke of are for us to study and ponder during the next six months.  They taught what Jesus Christ wants us to learn and know about.  I have such a strong Testimony of the leaders of the church.  My love for them grows deeper everyday.  They are incredible and the things which they have spoken are so true.  How can we not hearken unto the words of the Prophets? They are simply the mouthpiece for God.  

Can you hear the Prohpets sing? Singing the song of the Lord our God.  It is the music of the one who shall not be slain again!  I saw a couple theme's in this conference and one of them was of course missionary work.  Missionary Work is everything the Gospel teaches and I feel ashamed to say that I did not see this until I actually came on a mission.  I know that preaching the gospel is  what the Lord wants us to do right now at this time in our lives.  We may not know it, but these are the moments that we're gonna remember most so we just gotta keep going! NOW IS THE TIME!  So will you join in his cruesade and will BE STRONG and stand with me?  Beyond the baracade where there are places he wants you to be! I know everyone has a desire to share the gospel but they just don't know how.  It's not as simple as just saying, "Hey I just met you and this is crazy, but I'm a mormon! Get baptized maybe?" but it could be that simple.  All you need is love!  I know that if we invite our friends to hear the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ out of love, then they will not be offended.  So, come join in the fight that gives you the right to be free and share the gospel with your friends! Just do as Elder Uchedorf said and come, come, come! You'll be loving it for quite some time!  Now is the time to Seize the day! He's Sent out the Call! All for one and one for all!  

Another theme I saw was God's love for us.  He loves us sooo much.  We just wants us to be happy and come unto him! He literally just wants us to enjoy this life and he is right there ready to catch us when we fall! I know that if you Just call his name he'll be there in a hurry! You don't have to worry! Cuz baby there ain't no mountian high enough! Ain't no valley low enough! Ain't no river wide enough, to keep him from getting to you! ;)  Sometimes life is hard.  Sometimes we don't see how there could ever be hope in this world of ever changing values.  Sometimes we feel as though Satan has such a tight grip on us and we just can't break free.  So how do we solve a problem like the Devil? Personally, when my world is falling apart and there is no light to break up the dark, that's when I look to the Savior.  When the waves are flooding the shore and I can't find my way home anymore, that's when I look to the Savior.  He is the light and he wants to be our candle on the water 
His love for us will never fade. It will never burn out.  It will never die.  Whether or not we deserve it, the Savior's love is simply always there so we should live in such a way that we can feel his love for us! I know he loves me.  I know that Jesus Christ died for me and suffered for my sins.  I know that he cares about me and is constantly thinking about me.  I know that he knows exactly what I've gone through and how I've felt and how I still do feel.  He is so mindful of me.  I know that I am a Daughter of God.  I know that He thinks so highly of me.  If we only knew how much he loved us, I think we would then love ourselves more and look past our imperfections and flaws.  I'm very grateful that I have a knowledge of the Savior and of his love for me.  I am very grateful that I have this amazing opportunity to be serving a mission for him here in Canada.  I can not believe that one year ago they lowered the age for missionaries to serve.  That has forever changed my life.  I will never forget that day.  God answers prayers.  He has answered mine countless times.  I would not be where I am today if this were not true.  He loves each of us and he has a plan for us.  Sometimes it is hard to just trust.  But I know that when we do exercise our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, then the blessings of Heaven pour out upon us.  

I love My Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ.  He is my rock.  He is my light.  He is my Salvation. I love each of you so very much! Thank you so much for all the love and support! 

Please just WORK iT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Keep things small and simple and be strong and of good courage. 
Long live baby.  
1-10-15! 
Five stars! 
Work iT! Work iT! Work iT! 
The church is True and Jesus Christ is the one leading it.  
This is His church.  
Let us come follow him.
 
LOTS OF LOVE!!! YOUR SISTER MISSIONARY!!!!!!!! 
JAYNANNE PETERSEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :]    

No comments:

Post a Comment