Monday, August 26, 2013

The Good Kind of Busy

SOOOOOOO many things to talk about this week! for starters, 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) I JUST LOVE YA! I hope you are having the best birthday ever! you deserve it! go on girl! have your cake and eat it too! ha what? i donno.. anywho You're the greatest Mom ever! :) Work iT! from Jaynie.  

So I got your package! oh happy day! :) I LOVED LOVED LOVED my rain coat! ahhh it is just sooo dang cute. that is like my new favorite color by the way! :) THANK YOU SO MUCH! I loved the skirt too! kinda big, but it works! Also I was just in need of a new journal so that worked out perfectly! :) thank you!!!!!!! 

So I didn't get transferred, thankfully.  I had a feeling I would stay cuz Trevor told me once that he stayed in an area for seven and a half months, so I just assumed that would happen to me too, I guess.   Oh, last week I think I forgot to mention that the kid who gave his farewell talk wasn't worthy to serve so after he had the desire to serve that night, he then had to go through all the repentance process and he knows that is why the Lord gave him four months to prepare. cool huh?

So Saturday was the craziest day ever.  
So let's see, we had a primary activity, Merle's Baptism, Jason's Endowment,  
a random Wedding Reception, 
and the Mission Conference thing 
all happening pretty much at the same time! 
It was the busiest day ever.  
But what great things to stress over ya know?  
Love it.  

Bab's, Merle, Me, Sis Gale
So My investigator Merle was baptized on Saturday the 24th! :)  I love him SOOOO much. About a month or so ago when we invited him to be baptized, he said he would be going RV'ing so he wouldn't be in town, well we all decided to pray about it and the next time we met, he said that every single RV he tried to rent, had to be returned no later than the 23rd! ha. So he said yes to the 24th!  So we were not able to talk to him or even have contact for a week before he was baptized.  This stressed our zone leaders out, but I felt good.  We called President Tilleman last Friday and we told him that he would be out of town, but we knew his baptism was going to happen and asked if he would do the honors of performing the baptism.  President liked how bold we were and was like, "how could I say no to that?!" haha, so it all worked out just like I knew it would.  Merle and his wife Babs are soooooo cute together! They are the ones that are doing this so that they can be together forever!  ahhh.  That means they can get sealed right before I leave in one year.  I could and am going to their sealing! I love them.  They love each other sooo much! They just got married in June and the RV trip down the Oregon coast was like their getaway.  I can just picture his sweet disposition and her wide eyed gaze... reading the Book of Mormon getting lost upstate! ahhh. precious.  The baptism went really well.  President Tilleman loved the story about the RV having to be returned by the 23rd.  Elder Aidukitis couldn't make it in time, but the meeting with him was sooooooo good.

Basically, we went straight from the baptism into the chapel where we sat with like 100 other missionaries from the lower mainland. It was a spiritual feast of a day.  The meeting was broadcast to all the other missionaries in the mission.  When President Tilleman spoke, he told the RV story about Merle.  He also talked about HOW PROUD he was of his, "two little humble, pure, and hard working Brookswood Sisters!"  He used us as an example for being bold and he also talked about how I received personal revelation for the 24th because at zone conference I had talked to him and I originally wanted it to be on the 17th, So we said a prayer together and he gave me a blessing to know what to do. He said we need ask, and act, in regards for personal revelation.  He was pleased that I went to the Lord and chose the 24th.  It was cool.  I donno.. whenever I hear stuff about myself.. like compliments.. I feel like I just have to immediately disregard it cuz I don't want to get prideful.  So yeah.  It was pretty exciting.

Elder Aidukitis is So funny! ha he was just cracking me up with his accent.  I love it.  He talked about how we should be New Era missionaries! Not Old Era ones.  It was really motivating.  Our Bishop even went over it in Ward Council.

Last week we took one of our Investigators Coffee Machine and Coffee! That was pretty awesome.  I've never done that.  I loved throwing away the coffee! haha  Other than that, not much to report on.

Going in for transfers is always fun because you get to see everyone! I like that! Good things are happening here in Brookswood.  I love my ward more than ever.  They are so good about getting us food and making sure our needs are met.  We have a couple sisters who come out with us a lot and it's great! So all in all, things are pretty good.  We just need to have more baptisms dang it!

We are teaching this family right now from Burma and they don't speak a lick of English.  Jk. the kids sorta do, so they translate for the parents in Karen.  It's kinda fun and different.  They came to our baptism which was cool.  I really hope they will follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized.

Well everyone, I want you to know that I know the church is true and that it is the very exact same church that Jesus Christ taught and led while He was on the earth.  This past week, my understanding of the Plan of Salvation was enhanced.  I love everything about it.  It is perfect.  It is beautiful, and incredible, and amazing, and it is so real, and so true.  I often find myself thinking about the pre-earth life.  I just know with all my heart that I lived with all of you and God before I came to this earth.  I get really worked up with excitement and awesome wonder when I think about the council in heaven.  How crazy must that have been?! I wish I could just call you all and talk about it.  Writing it just doesn't give it justice.  I love it though.  Sometimes I picture it like the first Lord of the Rings when they are counciling about what to do with the ring. Then Frodo volunteers to take it and Gandoff's face is just like ahh.  I picture that is what it was like when Jesus Volunteered...  Heavenly Father must have been like ahh. Why? is there no other way? it is kind of sad but beautiful at the same time.  heart wrenching really.  I am very grateful that you all chose to follow Jesus Christ's plan.  I know that is why we are here.  I know that I did things before this life that led and permitted me to where I am now.  I know I am a daughter of God and I know he loves me.  I know that I was placed in my family and my country by virtue of my obedience in the pre-earth life.  I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ will bring others so much happiness.  My heart aches for those who don't know or reject this plan.  How awful that must be.  I am very humbled and grateful for the knowledge I have.  I love being a part of God's Army.  I know the church is true. I know that we have living day prophets on the earth to help lead and guide us back to our Savior and Loving Heavenly Father. 
 I know the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God.  
I know it. I live it. I love it. 

 Thank you for all the love and support.  You don't know how much it means to me to hear from each of you.  It's like a piece of heaven.  I'm surprised I haven't heard from some people, but I wouldn't hold it against them and it is never too late.  Well, I love you all.  Please remember to be strong and of good courage.  Be not afraid. Stand firm in the faith.  For the Lord will be with us where ever we go. Be His. Be One. Be Strong.  
1-10-15. 
remember the small and simple things.  
                                              5 stars! WORK iT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I love you.
                         LOVE YOUR SISTER MISSIONARY! JAYNANNE PETERSEN! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment