Monday, August 19, 2013

BEST MISSION WEEK EVER :)

Hey it's me Jaynanne!
So this past week has been the best week of my entire mission! no lie.  I don't even know where to begin! For starters, We tripled the Standard of Excellence with our Member present lessons AND our New Investigators this week!!! What.  We worked so hard to bring this to pass. You just have no idea!

haha so I'm gonna tell you about yesterday.  So yesterday Sister Gale and I had the opportunity to go to this fireside in Burnaby(which is bascially Vancouver and about 20 or 30 minutes away)  The reason we got to go to the fireside was because we had one of our Investigators with us!  The Second Counselor in our Ward and his wife drove the three of us.  I was really nervous about taking her ya know, cuz she has never even been to church or anything! Well, as we pulled up to her house, she got out of her car to get in ours and guess what?! her Car looks just like the one that Jake Ryan has on the Classic hit, Sixteen Candles! (that's an 80's movie people) I thought, 'hmm is that a sign?!'  I wasn't real sure and still super anxious! Well the Lord, in his clever little way, confirmed to me that YES! it in fact was a sign, because as I sat there contemplating this, the song 'Don't you forget about me' came on the radio! WHHHAATTTT?! The Spirit was like... 'Don't you forget about how the Lord is in the tiny, tiniest details of our live's! Don't forget about him!'... So after that, I was totally fine and I just put all my trust in the Lord, and just to make sure I got the hint, at the beginning of the meeting the speaker talked about Indiana Jones. Coincidence? I THINK NOT! 

The fireside was given by Hyrum Smith's third great grandson and his wife.  They brought the clothes that Hyrum was shot and killed in, as well as other objects that was the Smith Families, including the box that the Gold Plates were first carried in! We got to go up and look at everything after and it was soooo cool.  It was so real.  I felt the spirit testify to me that all the stories I was hearing were true.  I have an even stronger love for the early saints and for Joseph Smith and his family than ever before, now.  It was so powerful and I know without a shadow of a doubt the the true church of Jesus Christ is back on the earth.  The Smiths thanked me for serving a mission when I went to the front to look at the stuff! That was pretty cool. 

I have to go right now because the librarian is mean and won't give me my full time, but one quick story... Yesterday this kid in our ward gave his farewell talk and he talked about how four months ago they had the sister missionaries over for dinner and that one of the sister missionaries was SO excited that he was getting his call in four days! He went off on how she was just so happy and stoked for him and he didn't understand why.  He told everyone that because she was so happy for him and thrilled, that for the first time in his whole life, he was actually looking forward to his mission.  Well after the meeting was over, his mom came up to me with tear filled eyes and told me, "thank you."  She hugged me and told me she loved me and told me that I have made my mission proud.  Jason later told me that he was talking about me if I didn't guess! haha It made me feel good to know that I have done some good here.  

Tomorrow is my six month mark.  I just can't believe it has been six months! that is insane.  I'll be home in a year! This coming week is just crazy hectic.  We have transfers on Thursday and Elder Aidukaitis of the first presidency of the seventy is coming to speak to us on Saturday, (he spoke to me at the mtc) also on Saturday, my investigator Merle is getting baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

President Tilleman is coming to baptize him and he is going to see if Elder Aidukaitis can come too! ahhhhhhh. I'm So excited! :)  I feel like this transfer while I have been training, I have become a Jedi Master! haha We had a mission fast yesterday and I hope that everything goes well this week. 

 I love you all so much! thank you for the support! 
Remember that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass! 
BE STRONG AND OF GOOD COURAGE! WORK iT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
1-10-15 five stars baby! long live. keep calm and carry on.  
I can't wait till the day that I get to throw my fist up in the air as I see you all. 
 ha just saying. I know this is the only true church.

LOVE SISTER MASTER JAYNANNE PETERSEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment