Monday, May 27, 2013

As the Days Go By...

YO YO YO my fellow Utah peeps! SO I GOT MY PACKAGE ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best day of my life.  

The pictures were great except I look super blah in them.  I for sure need to hit the gym when I get home.  Oh my, the one where we are jumping.. Yeah I totally was in the air first and that's why I am the lowest!!! seriously that is my conclusion.  The pictures from Josie were just about the best drawings ever! I drew some for her too! :) Emma's letters were just cracking me up.  haha anyway thanks for the package! MOLLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVED your letters! they were PERFECT! When I read the Han Solo quote, I JUST ABOUT DIED!! And the seat belt story.. Hilarious.  You are so pretty Mollie. So every now and then I fall apart, and I need ya here tonight.. and I need ya more than ever! But I won't give up on this. Even if the skies get rough.  I'm giving it all my love cuz God knows it's worth it! So you don't either.  You just gotta keep your head up OH OH! yeah yeah... :] So about running in the rain during the race.. Wahh Wahh.  I walk everywhere in the rain! ha ha what a joke. 
So this past week went pretty well.  We found two new investigators and we are working really hard.  Karen was confirmed in sacrament yesterday and I felt like a proud mom.  She came back and she was just like it's so true! it's just so true! like UH! it is! haha I love her so much! :)  She is incredible! I can't wait for ya'll to meet her! 

So HAPPY 18Th BiRTHDAY SPENCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeeeahhhhh budddyyy.  Seems like just yesterday I turned eighteen during our Escalante trip! That was my favorite birthday! :) Congrats to him on Graduating too! That's CRAZY!

Sis Duffy, Me, & Sis Byam
So we are getting transfer calls tonight which makes everyone pretty anxious.  Sister Duffy is for sure leaving cuz she flies home next week! I could either stay here in Brookswood with Sister Byam or I could train here or I could get sent somewhere else! So we will see! By this time next week I could be clear in a different part of BC. Transfers are on Thursday.  So pray I can handle whatever news I get tonight.  I'm gonna need prayers no matter what happens haha. seriously.

So lately, when ever we knock on people's doors, they say that there is no way there is a God because of all the evil that is happening in the World today.  They don't think God would let those bombings or shootings or all that happen if he really was there and loved us.  The thing is, we all have our agency or the ability to choose how we live our lives.  Some people choose to abuse that right and it's sad.  All we can do, is keep up the faith and focus on the good. We have to stay positive and believe and trust in the Lord. 

Speaking of the world we live in today.. So I've noticed a lot that whenever Utah gets brought up, people around me say that we (the youth mostly) have it way easier than others and that we are just in this little bubble. So, since we grew up around lots of LDS people, we don't have as much pressure to stand in holy places and live a worthy virtuous life. It makes me so frustrated! I'm like, if anything it makes it that much harder because we have responsibility and are accountable for all the knowledge we have! like oh my heck we are all equal people.  Our trials may be different, but God is a just god.  I believe that we have some of the strongest youth in North Ogden and I think they have a lot of pressure placed on them in different ways.  Ahhh. I could just go on and on.  

I just want to say that I am so proud and grateful to be born where I was and to have the family I have.  I couldn't imagine anything different and I know that we chose our families before we came to this earth.  I am so grateful to be born into the Gospel.  Some think I had it lucky, and they are so right.  I did and I am not going to ever take it for granted.  I would not have been strong enough to serve a mission if I wasn't taught my whole life the principles and ordinances of the Gospel.   

I love serving the Lord.  I love being a missionary.  How could I know what I know about his plan and sit back and do nothing?  It's hard and it can be tiring, but the blessings that come from it are incredible.  It's the greatest experience in the world and I am so happy that my YW are going to get to serve missions one day! :)

Welp, I hope everyone is doing well! I love you all so so much! Congrats John on gettin hitched.   

Remember that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. 
Stand out. 1-10-15 WORK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
five stars! :) I love ya all! :) THE CHURCH IS TRUE! NEVER EVER EVER EVER FORGET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is with us always, people. ALWAYS.
-LOVE SISTER JAYNANNE PETERSEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment