Monday, April 8, 2013

What a Week

Hi. WHAT A WEEK! 
There is sooooooooooo much I want to talk about and say. General Conference was absolutely amazing and I want to talk about it, but first things first.

My companion, Sister Arbon, went home this past week. Yep. Pretty crazy. There were some things in her life that she didn't take care of before her mission that she needed to repent of at home. The entire time I have been in Canada has been a struggleI haven't said anything because I didn't want to worry you, but we knew for about three weeks that this was coming. We were just waiting for the call.  Actually, we got the call right after I emailed you last week.  I knew from the moment I saw her that something was off.  The spirit told me that it wasn't going to be your normal mission experience.  I knew something big and sad would happen. I could feel it.  So this past month was extremely difficult. You would all be so proud of me though.  I handled everything EXACTLY how the Lord wanted me too.  He guided me through out this entire process and I leaned on Him sooooo much. My relationship with Him has grown and become so much stronger.  Like we are best friends! seriously. I talk to Him about EVERYTHING! He is literally my rock.  I don't do anything without discussing it with Him.  In return, I feel His trust in me. It's the coolest thing.  Like I know that whatever I say and do, is and was, guided by the spirit so I never question myself.  I have had so much inspiration given to me through the spirit, you wouldn't believe it. I don't have time to go into detail about it all, but just know that this didn't discourage my passion and desire for missionary work one bit! In fact, it has made me stronger because of it. So I just need to say thank you.  If it weren't for you, I know I wouldn't have been able to handle this. Mom and Dad, Thank you so much for raising me the way you did.  You taught me how to be a strong person.  You taught me how to know right from wrong. You taught me how to deal with challenges in life.  You taught me how to be a Latter Day Saint. You taught me the importance of keeping the commandments.  You taught me how to love, how to show compassion, how to be obedient, and how to work.  I could go on and on.  Really, I could! I think the biggest one is knowing right from wrong because when my companion told me what was going on with her, I didn't even think twice before knowing what it was that I needed to do.  I stood up for what I believed in and I knew I was choosing the right. So thank you for teaching me that.  You should be proud.  You raised me right. I love you both so much! You are the best parent's in the world.  Thank you for loving each other and thank you for loving me.  You showed me how to be a good person through your example. I love you Mom and Dad! :)   

So, I dropped Sister Arbon off at the mission home in Richmond and then I was put into a tri with Sister Saal and Sister Dean! THESE TWO ARE AMAZING! I love them so much.  I don't have time to go off on them, but they are great.  I came out with Sister Dean and Sister Saal is our trainer! She actually will be done with her mission in four months.  They are both from Utah.  Sister Dean is nineteen too!  So, they serve in Maple Ridge which is like twenty minutes from Brookswood! It's just over the Golden Ere Bridge, so we have been asked to cover both areas until transfers in 2 weeks.  My address will still be the same, because I will eventually stay in Brookswood.  I was going to train at the end of this transfer, but since I haven't really been trained properly and have no idea what in the heck I'm doing because of everything else I had to deal with, I'll have to wait till the next transfer! If I can be ready in two weeks though, then President Tilleman told me I would train. It's up to the spirit though, so we will see.  I'm trying to remain neutral about it all. So ya! Brookswood is in desperate need of some TLC! We seriously haven't done anything there so it kinda feels like we are now just opening it.

kay, let me hurry and talk about GC! Talk about amazing.  I have just been spiritually exhausted these past couple of days. 
SO MUCH INSPIRATION! I can't handle it! I took 23 pages of notes. Ceder City is getting a temple!? WHAT! awesome!! :) I couldn't even sing "Let us all press on" on Saturday morning.  I was just crying.  Great song.  Packer's poem was brilliant.  Every time they talked about a foundation or rock or sermon on the mount, I thought of my farewell talk.  I loved, loved, loved Sister Dalton's talk!  I thought of all my young women.  Eyrings talk about families was fabulous.  I LOVED Richard G Scott's talk!  Inspired.  Quentin L. Cooks talk was good.  Stanely G Ellis killed it.  Bednar's talk was great.  haha I thought it was interesting.  Never thought of it like that.  CATCH THE WAVE BABY!  Russell M Nelson's talk was fantastic.  Uchdorf's talk about light and darkness was also so freaking amazing.  Nailed it.  Anderson's talk was spot on.  I need to learn missionary FUN because I have just been in this serious situation for the past month.  Rosemary M Wixom on children being loved was great.  My parent's marriage is pretty terrific.  The Prophet's talk was unbelievably great. Obedience has been my motto since day one.  loved the fire story.  Totally something I could see happening to someone in our ward.  Holland's talk was powerful.  Worked iT! Really enjoyed Kopischke's talk.  Thought Porters was nice.  LOVED when Christofferson talked about LES MISERABLES!  We talked about that everyday in the MTC.  There are so many good things to talk about. I can't wait to highlight it all in the Ensign.  I could spend a week just studying one talk.  This gospel is overwhelming.  The church is so true it hurts.

I wasn't able to read emails again sorry.  My time has really been cut every week because I would have to email my president about everything going on.  Well I have to go.  Don't worry about me!  I'm fine!  I got Mollie and Emma's and Ellie's letters the day I was getting new comps and it was exactly what I needed.  Perfect timing.  Still waiting on Tar's! Sorry! Maybe it's there today, wasn't on Friday!  Anyway, I'm gonna make it!  President Tilleman gave me a blessing on Wednesday and the gospel blesses me everyday so I'm good!  I just gotta Work iT!  Take it all one step at a time.  I'm not perfect and that's OK!  I love you all so much.  You are all my rock.  I'm gonna cry so I just gotta stop here.  I'm on the right track now and I am working really hard to catch up!  It's all part of the Lords plan for me.  I'm not worried at all.  If I struggle for 17 more months, then I struggle.  If that's how's it's supposed to be, than so be it.  Alright I love you! Remember to catch the wave!  The time is now!  Paint those tags on your hearts!  By small and simple things are great things brought to pass!  Work iT! 5 stars! 1-10-15! Love ya.

LOVE YOUR STRONG DAUGHTER! JAYNANNE FREAKING PETERSEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment