Monday, September 1, 2014

The Homerun.

In the October 2012 General Conference, the Prophet Thomas S Monson declared, "Today I am pleased to announce that able, worthy young women who have the desire to serve may be recommended for missionary service beginning at age 19, instead of age 21."  This announcement forever changed my life.  I chose to embark in the service of God and I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  When I first arrived in the MTC, February of 2013, I received a letter from my older brother Trevor and in it he just started to give me all this advice.  At the time, I felt like some of the advice he gave me seemed obvious and I had no idea why he felt the need to tell me.  The longer I served, the more I understood the wisdom of his advice and it became clear to me that missions were hard. My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the Restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the end!  As hard as that may sound, I love it! I embrace it! I live it up to the HIGHEST EXTREME!  I find so. much. Joy. in my calling! :) It is SO worth it!  My experience as a missionary has been a whirlwind of craziness and I would not change it for the world.  I know I'm who I am today because I served a Mission...  Two weeks ago I hit my 18 month mark.  At the end of that day, I was laying on my bed and all the sudden I realized that I actually did it! I actually served 18 whole months as a missionary! I was so proud of myself! :) I was so happy.  It was like nothing else even mattered because I made it.  I was still alive. I was still standing! (well laying) and the greatest feeling came over me, that If I could do that, then I can do anything!  It occurred to me that it's not about how fast I got there and it's not about what's waiting on the other side.. It's the climb!  It's those small and simple choices I made everyday that helped me become more like my Father in Heaven.  I have a testimony that He knows me personally.  My relationship with Him is unique. it's special:) Only He and I understand it! we're best friends:) He knows me better than I know myself and He has a plan specifically for me!  I know He is there and I know He is very aware of me and my life!  I LOVE that He provided me a Savior to show how much He truly cares for me! The whole thing is just so humbling.  I scarce can take in His greatness!  And when I think about My Savior.. Oh man.  My heart is filled with deep gratitude.  I love Jesus Christ!  He is my Light.  He is the reason why I'm still Standing!  I know He is the Redeemer of the World and I know He loves me a lot!  He has helped me to BE STRONG and of a GOOD COURAGE! He has always ALWAYS been there for me and I trust Him with my life.  I find so much pleasure in my Knowledge of God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ and I served my mission for them.  Some of you commented this week that you're interested to see if I changed or stayed the same... I want you to know that I'm still an innocent!  I'm still me and only me, but like 2.0 ;)

I'm really excited to see you all! I love you very very much and I want to thank you for all the support and love you have shown towards me over these past several months!

ALRIGHTY! This is it. I can't believe it.  it's time. I love you! 

Five stars! Long Live Baby! WORK iT!!

Love Your Sister Missionary, Sister Jaynanne Petersen! :]  

No comments:

Post a Comment